Wednesday 4 December 2013

Improv rolls

I've become a bit of a fan of slightly more improvisation when it comes to cooking. Not that I make up fantastic new recipes or anything like it, but it's nice when you can use only what you already have in you kitchen, instead of having to run off to the shops because you're missing a cup of something.

Today it was rolls, or scone like thingies. And I must say, they turned out quite well! Pleasantly surprised there. Only thing was that I added too much salt, but it worked as long as a used sweet spreads, such as banana or jam.

So, what I did was: Mix together a bit of oat bran, oats, wholemeal and fine flour, milk, cottage cheese, erythritol, one teaspoon of salt (too much), and three teaspoons of baking soda. Bake them for 15 minutes at 230 degrees Celcius (maybe a bit lower next time).

Aaand watching QI again.

No comments:

Post a Comment